Serpentine RC New Year’s Day 10K Race & 3K Fun Run
JOIN US FOR THE ANNUAL SERPENTINE RC NEW YEAR’S DAY 10K RACE & 3K FUN RUN ON SATURDAY 1ST JANUARY 2023
The annual Serpentine RC New Year’s Day 10K Race and 3K Fun Run are both held entirely on a traffic-free course within the beautiful and iconic grounds of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, in association with Royal Parks.
The 10k race and 3k fun run are both licenced under UK Athletics and held under UK Athletics rules and regulations.
The 10K race and 3k fun run are open to runners of all abilities with young children and families encouraged to take part in the 3k fun run.
- Location: Hyde Park, London
- Event time: 10K = 11.00am | 3K = 12 noon (See Registration section for details on race number collection)
- Distance: 10k & 3K
- Minimum Age: 10K = 15yrs. Age as at 01/01/2023 | 3K = no age limit
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants of all abilities
- Entry Fee: £25.00 per person for UKA Affiliated runners | £27 Unaffiliated | £5 – Fun Run
- UKA License No: 10K – Licence No: 2023-43067 | 3k – Licence No: 2023-43067
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you can request a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable). If you cannot take part you can request to transfer your place to another person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Serpentine Running Club
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: https://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/nyd10k.html
Race numbers should be collected on the day at the following times:
9:00am – 10:45am
The route takes in the grounds of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Click on the image to enlarge.
The traffic free undulating 10K course is on parkland and footpaths.
Prizes for 1st-3rd in Male, Female and Non-binary categories
It is important that you are fit to run and that you are following current government issued guidance with respect to Covid-19. Please check the weather forecasts and wear clothing appropriate for the weather.
Paid parking around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets are available in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. A Baggage area will be available by the registration point.
One water station at 5K
All runners must finish by 1pm.
Cancellation & Refunds
If the event should need to be cancelled, you can request a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable). If you cannot take part you can request to transfer your place to another person.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
An entrant shall be deemed to have made him/herself/their self, familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules.
The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the date you enter this event, whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
The event is being officially timed by Event Chip Timing and the results will be available on the day at http://results.eventchiptiming.com
- Prices do not include the 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
- Ticket quantities can be updated on the next page.